Learn more about this new treatment option for adults living with schizophrenia
Genoa is here to help keep you informed on the latest in behavioral health medications. Read on to learn more about Uzedy™, a new long-acting injectable formulation of risperidone, used to treat schizophrenia in adults.
- Uzedy™ (risperidone) is a long-acting injectable used to treat schizophrenia in adults. It combines the established risperidone molecule – one of the most frequently prescribed atypical antipsychotics for the treatment of schizophrenia – with delivery technology that controls the release of risperidone over time.
- It’s administered subcutaneously in the abdomen or upper arm every one or two months, depending on the prescription.
- It comes in a prefilled syringe and is ready to use, not requiring any premixing or reconstitution. As a subcutaneous injection, Uzedy™ is administered with a 5/8-inch needle and the injection volume is low compared to alternative injection options.
- While the drug does require refrigeration, it may be stored at room temperature for up to seven days prior to administration. Prior to injection, the dose should be brought to room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- There is no oral supplementation or loading dose to start treatment as therapeutic plasma levels establish themselves within six to 24 hours.
Interested in learning more? We’re here to help! Connect with your local Genoa pharmacy team or fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.
Interested in learning more?
Curious how Uzedy™ can help the people you serve living with schizophrenia? Contact us today and we’ll be in touch.
"*" indicates required fields
Information on Uzedy™ was taken from www.uzedyhcp.com.