Addressing the Challenges of Medication Adherence Amid COVID-19
A recent survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that the proportion of U.S. adults with symptoms of anxiety and/or depression has tripled since the start of the pandemic. With that rise comes many challenges, including a greater need to ensure proper access to care and keep consumers on their medications.
Genoa Healthcare’s Lindsey Hall, PharmD, BCACP, senior director of clinical programs, design and strategy and Jenn Heath, BCACP clinical quality manager, recently hosted a webinar about overcoming barriers to medication adherence during the pandemic and beyond. Below you can watch the webinar, which addresses:
- An update on the COVID-19 vaccine
- Challenges and impacts related to the pandemic
- Medication adherence amid COVID-19
To learn more about how pharmacy services can help you and your consumers, contact us today.
- Convalescent plasma for treatment of COVID-19: Clinical studies are underway and while there is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for use of convalescent plasma, observational studies have shown mixed results. The CDC recommends anyone who received convalescent plasma delay COVID-19 vaccination for 90 days. Click here to read more.
- Visit https://www.genoahealthcare.com/covid19 or email [email protected] for more information.